A Seamless Transition

Thank you to Walmart for kindly sponsoring this post.
All opinions are 100% honest & all items were hand-selected by me.

Maurice's Floral Print Dress

As we head further into August, this is the time of year when most of us start to crave fall fashion.  The new arrivals are hitting the racks and we’re all eager to leave behind summer’s brights & embrace richer autumnal hues.  But, the reality is that it’s still hot out…so the key is finding those pieces that can seamlessly bridge the gap while still being appropriate for the current weather.

I found some amazing transitional styles at Walmart recently that I’m excited to share with you today – everything is under $40 + you’ll get free 2-day shipping & free returns on orders over $35 on most items.  As I’ve mentioned before, they have really stepped up their fashion game in the last year & their online site has tons of hidden treasures – so I’ve done the digging for you to uncover the best gems!

Walmart Floral Maxi Dress

fall floral midi skirt

ruffled floral dress

I’m pretty picky about floral prints and, to be honest, there aren’t many that pass my scrutinizing test.  But, the pattern on this dress is practically perfect + the silhouette will flatter any figure.  Thanks to the elastic waist, I think you could even wear this if you’re pregnant – it would be so cute with a bump!  To dress it down a bit, I’d add a leather belt and slide sandals for a more daytime feel.  At less than $30, this would also be a great affordable option for a fall wedding!  More transitional dresses for the season that I love include this burgundy dress, this ruffled maxi, this smocked dress, this sleeveless shift & this plaid tie-front dress.

fall floral maxi dress

Rosetti Croc Ring Handle Bag

Maurice's Floral Smocked Waist Maxi Dress

What I’m wearing:
c/o Maurices Floral Maxi Dress, c/o Brimley Ankle Strap Heels,
c/o Rosetti Ring Handle Bag, c/o Design Lab Pearl Drop Earrings

snake print midi skirt

Bias-cut midis are so popular right now, especially those in an animal print.  If you’re shopping on a budget, this skirt is the perfect way to try out the trend for less!  This also comes in a leopard & polka dot pattern and I am already dreaming up all the ways I’ll wear this – like with a graphic tee on top and casual sneakers or a cable knit sweater & booties as the weather gets cooler heading into fall.  I’d say it runs true to size – I usually wear a 4 in skirts and the small fits me perfectly.

Another one of my must-haves for fall is a lace-trim camisole.  I like to stock up on these in multiple colors & this one is a total steal!  It’s also available in cream or leopard print & it’s under $13 – I found it to run true to size & I like that it isn’t too low-cut thanks to the adjustable straps.  Right now, it’s warm enough to wear on its own, but later in the season, I’ll be layering mine under cardigans like this & this and blazers like this & this.  Check out more of my Walmart favorites in the scrolling bar below!

Love Sadie Bias Cut Midi Skirt

python print slip skirt

how to pull off the snake print trend

bias cut midi skirt

Love Sadie Lace Trim Camisole

What I’m wearing:
c/o Love Sadie Lace Camisole, c/o Love Sadie Printed Midi Skirt,
c/o Brimley Ankle Strap Heels, c/o Design Lab Ball Drop Earrings

MY WALMART PICKS

The post A Seamless Transition appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Post a Comment

0 Comments