What I’m Loving Now

Several of you mentioned that you wanted to see more posts where I share items I’ve bought & love, so I’m going to do my best to make this a regular ongoing series for 2020.  With our impending cross-country move happening this summer, we are trying to buckle down with our spending & save as much as possible over the next 5 months.  So, I probably won’t be shopping as much for myself this spring, but when I do, I’ll be sure to highlight everything for you.  Here are the best items I’ve bought recently & why I love them…

PUFFED SHORT SLEEVE TOPS

Every year around mid-January, I commit to not buying any more winter clothing & instead focus on my spring wardrobe.  This is one trend that I’ve been on board with since the beginning and, much to my delight, it’s shown to have more staying power than I originally anticipated.  The short-sleeve versions of this silhouette are perfect for pairing with straight leg jeans, a-line skirts or bias-cut midis (I already own the striped tee & the buttoned cardigan below).  Here are a few of my favorite styles:

puffed-sleeve tops

Polka Dot Satin Blouse // Striped Tee // Eyelet Sleeve Top
Puff Sleeve Sweater // Pom Sweater (also here) // Short Sleeve Cardigan

HAIR & LINT REMOVER TOOL

pet hair removal tool

I actually bought this magical tool as a stocking stuffer for my husband after watching this YouTube video of it in action – and, to be honest, it’s probably the most useful thing I’ve ever purchased for him.  Though it’s technically made for detailing your car, I’ve found it works so well on outerwear, denim, furniture, throw pillows, rugs…you name it!  Unlike lint rollers, it doesn’t leave behind a sticky residue and you don’t have to peel a layer off each time you use it.  Not only does it quickly & easily get rid of pet hair, but it also removes fabric pilling & lint (note: I wouldn’t use on fine knit fabrics like cashmere).  I love that it’s small enough to keep in my purse & take with me when I travel.

SEAMLESS BRALETTE

Gap seamless bralette

I pretty much live in bralettes in the winter months – because most of my clothing consists of warm layers, I’ve found it’s a much more comfortable option than a traditional underwire.  Most of the styles I own are lacy and/or strappy, so I’ve been on the hunt for a more simple one that I can layer under loungewear, sweatshirts, pajamas & slouchy sweaters.  Over the last couple of months, I’ve ordered multiple options to try and this ribbed bralette was the clear winner (this padded one was a close second).  It’s super-flattering and stretchy while still providing good support.  I bought both colors shown here and then my daughter tried it on & fell in love with it, so I ordered some for her too.  Note: I am a 32B, but if you read through the reviews, there are several who mentioned they are a larger bust size & it was supportive enough for them.

EYE CREAM MASSAGE WAND

eye cream roller

I love my jade roller as much as the next girl, but it’s really only designed for use on larger surfaces, like the cheeks, chin & forehead.  So when I came across this handy beauty wand that’s a much smaller size, I knew it would be perfect for my under-eye area. Some of the reviews complained about it being too small, but that’s actually what I love about it!  I store mine in the fridge and pull it out just before applying my eye cream – I feel like the product absorbs so much better when I take the time to gently massage it in using this tool + keeping it at a cooler temperature immediately soothes & eliminates any morning puffiness.

SPATULA TONGS

spatula tongs

File this under kitchen tools I never knew I needed.  Apparently infomercials are still effective forms of advertising, because, after seeing this ad, I instantly went on Amazon to order these spatula tongs.  I gave them to my mom, but it was basically a gift for myself because we’ll be moving in with them in 5 months & I’ll be doing most of the cooking anyway.  I got to use them over the holiday break when I made this chicken dish (which turned out amazing!) & they are officially my new favorite gadget.  I like that this pair has slits in the silicone so you can let any water or grease drip through before transferring food to your plate.  Another plus: these come with a lifetime warranty!

POWERGLOW FACIAL PEEL

power glow peel

I met a friend of mine for coffee before the holidays and her skin was looking extra glowy – so, of course, I had to know what her secret was!  She shared with me that it was thanks to these exfoliating wipes that her esthetician recommended.  They aren’t the cheapest option on the market, so I was hesitant to order them.  But, after reading this rave review, I pulled the trigger & I’m so glad I did – finally a facial peel that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin!  I have been using them once a week & my skin has never been clearer or more even-toned.  There’s only 10 wipes in each box, so even if you didn’t buy them on a regular basis, these would be great to use leading up to a special event, wedding or family photo session.

GOLD BALL JEWELRY

I plan on doing a more comprehensive post soon about the best 2020 fashion trends, but I thought I would share one of my favorites with you now.  Gold ball jewelry is definitely having a moment and I personally love the simplicity of these styles.  Whether you opt for a minimalist look with just a couple well placed pieces or you stack multiples for a statement look, these eye-catching accents are versatile & classic enough to wear every day.  Here are my picks:

gold ball jewelry

Gold Ball Hoops // Gold Ball Ring // Gold Beaded Ring
Gold Bead Headband // Gold Ball Studs // Gold Beaded Hoops
Gold Ball Necklace // Gold Ball Bracelets // Mini Gold Bead Chain

MORE AFFORDABLE STYLES

The post What I’m Loving Now appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Post a Comment

0 Comments