Cardigan Collector

how to style a cropped cardigan

This is my first outfit post of September, so it felt fitting to feature cozy knitwear & denim in a pairing that you can actually wear in our current temperatures.  I bought this cardigan earlier in the spring and just noticed that it’s on major clearance – only $8! Part of me hates knowing that I paid more for it, but it’s my loss & your gain that I’m sharing it now so you can get it for less.  I love the intricate open knit and cropped shape – I’ve mostly worn it buttoned up like a top, but it works great unbuttoned over a tank, cami or bodysuit too!

I also recently picked up these rust colored jeans and I know I will get so much wear out of them this fall.  I’m a huge fan of Express denim, especially their high-rise styles because they actually fit snug at the waist with no gaping (which is usually not the case for me!).  This particular cut runs a little big, so I recommend sizing down (I went down 2 sizes).  If you’re not a fan of this color, they also come in tons of other washes & they’re B1G1 50% off right now.

You’d never know it by looking at these photos, but the day we took these, the sun was completely blocked by smoke and the sky was eerily dark.  The wildfires in Oregon were already awful, but we had a severe wind storm this week that made everything spread like crazy and it’s gotten even worse.  We’ve had close friends that had to evacuate their homes and we’ve woken up several mornings to find a thin layer of ash on our cars.  We’re currently on Level 1 Evacuation watch, so we are hoping that they are able to contain the fires so we don’t have to leave.  Please keep all of those affected by the fires in your prayers & especially all the first responders who are risking their lives trying to put them out.

rust jeans

Express mom jeans

transitional fall style

classic fall style

chic fall neutrals

What I’m wearing:
Sonoma Cardigan (also in black), Abercromie Bodysuit,
Express Jeans, Express Mules, Similar Bag, J. Crew Necklace,
Express Hoops, Shashi Headband, Rings: Amazon & Brook & York,
Amazon Sunglasses, Lips: Maybelline Caramel Collector

MORE FALL CARDIGANS

The post Cardigan Collector appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Post a Comment

0 Comments